Enhanced washing performance, without damaging your clothes!
Silence Drive System
Silence is golden !
The free zone, a multitude of combinations to discover!
No Frost Multiflow
For total control of your cooling.
Jazz up your dinner date with this restaurant-worthy dish from home-chef extraordinaire Angeline Lim!
Check out her foodie adventures on Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/12dragons)
Serves 4 l Prep Time 30 minutes l Cooking Time 2 hours (at 160 deg C) to 4 hours (at 110 deg C)
1kg beef cheeks trimmed
2 stalks celery roughly chopped
2 medium-sized carrots roughly chopped
2 medium-sized onions roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 can whole tomatoes
1 bunch thyme
3 bay leaves
300 ml red wine
1 liter beef or chicken stock
salt and pepper
1 cup quinoa
2 cups celery roughly chopped
2 cups chicken stock or water
2 salt to taste
1 head of cauliflower
3 pax tomatoes on the vine
extra virgin oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry trimmed beef cheek. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly dust each piece with flour. Heat oil in cast iron pot and sear beef on all sides till nicely browned. Set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic, saute about 5 to 7 minutes till softened. Add the thyme and bay leaves, cook for another minute then deglaze with the red wine. Let the red wine reduce to one third.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes. Break the tomatoes into smaller pieces, let it come to boil. Return the beef to the pot.
- Add enough stock to cover the beef. Bring to boil. Season to taste. Lower the heat to low and cover the pot. Let it simmer for 5 minutes before transferring to the oven. Cook at 110 deg C for about 4 hours or until your desired tenderness.
- Serve the beef cheeks with rice or mashed potatoes. For a carbo-free option, you may serve it with quinoa, roasted cauliflower, and tomatoes.
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa and drain well. Put quinoa and the 2 cups chicken stock or water in a pot and bring to boil on medium heat. When it comes to a boil, lower heat to maintain a simmer.
- Cook till all water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat, cover for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Season with salt to taste. Set aside until ready to serve.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND TOMATOES
- Preheat oven to 170deg C. Cut cauliflowers in thick slices. Drizzle oil over the cauliflower slices to coat each piece. Toss with salt and pepper till evenly coated. Do the same for the tomatoes.
- Lay cauliflower slices in a baking tray. Bake until slightly golden on edge and tender, about 20- 25 minutes. 10 minutes before the cauliflowers are done, add the tomatoes to the baking tray